Butterflies and Moths in Ink and Watercolor
Tuesdays, January 9 and 16 / 10 am – 2 pm
Learn to combine the texturing of ink and the vibrancy of watercolor to create illustrations while focusing on moths and butterflies. Explore the tradition of scientific illustration while referencing specimens and photographs in this two-day workshop. No experience necessary.
- Tablet of 140# Watercolor paper (Casson, Arches, or Strathmore). NOTE: Paper can be purchased from instructor during class for $2 per sheet.
- Small round 10 well pallet with plastic lid
- Sketch tablet or paper
- Basic watercolor set (Reeves or Richardson set of 12 is fine, or your own set)
- 2 drawing or mechanical pencils, and a rubber eraser
- Fine point (005) black ink pen, MUST be waterproof
- Two plastic water containers
- Roll of paper towels
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / All Levels
Nevada K-12 Educators: Please note, this course has been approved by the Nevada Department of Education for 0.5 in-service credit. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to receive in-service credit.