Drawing Techniques: Shape and Form
Monday – Friday, July 30 – August 3 / 9 am – 12 pm
Students enjoy this five-day intensive course designed to teach basic drawing techniques with a specific emphasis on drawing shape and form. Students will improve their observational drawing skills by first working on rendering basic shapes, working later towards creating compositions on the page and realistically drawing more complex objects, forms and textures while referencing staged still life displays. This class is designed to provide a strong introductory foundation for beginning drawing students and a refresher for more advanced students.
Instructor: Rachel Stiff
Ages: Adult (15+) / Beginners Welcome!
- Charcoal Pencils or Sticks 2B-6B Soft & Medium, 1 White Charcoal Pencil
- Graphite Pencils HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B
- Pencil Sharpener
- Kneaded Eraser, Pink Eraser
- Paper Blending Dowels (Various Sizes)
- Newsprint Pad
- Heavyweight White Drawing Paper
- Optional: Drawing Board