Building a Center for Education and Research, a bigger home for ideas and community engagement.
Despite a population of three million people, Nevada has only one accredited art museum to serve its citizens. As such, we have both urgent and ongoing needs that must be addressed to accommodate the education and research programs that benefit the state’s rapidly growing population.
To meet these needs, we have implemented a strategic plan with three goals:
- Establish an Education and Research Center to serve students, educators, scholars, and the community.
- Build upon the established endowment to ensure financial stability and operating support.
- Increase the number of galleries dedicated to the permanent collections.
The Education and Research Center will increase access to the Museum’s extensive art, archive, and library collections, while doubling capacity to serve pre-K to 12th grade students, educators participating in professional development, and scholars undertaking academic research.
- Expanded library increasing access to books, archives and collections
- Dedicated art and design book shop underscoring commitment to printed works
- 10,000 sq. ft. area for framing, processing and dedicated fine art delivery bay
- Additional studio classroom
- South entrance to welcome over 10,000 K-12 students annually for school tours and hands-on activities
- Reimagined destination restaurant
- Additional guest parking
- Additional 9,675 sq. ft. for permanent collections
- Upgraded office space for staff and volunteers
- 3,500 sq. ft. increase to the Center for Art + Environment
- Additional 5,000 sq. ft. for feature exhibitions
- 85% increase in art collection storage space
- Rooftop garden with skyline and mountain views
Help us build this bigger experience
They’ve become part of our cultural DNA. The events, the exhibitions, the spaces, the memories. From Raphael’s The Woman with the Veil to treasures of ancient Egypt. From The 36th Star: Nevada’s Journey from Territory to State to Tahoe: A Visual History. From the E. L. Cord Museum School to First Thursdays to Hands ON! Second Saturdays. If you and yours have enjoyed any of these, you know what a vibrant asset the Museum has always been to our region.