Anne Brigman: The Symposium
Half-day symposium, followed by lunch.
A program of the Debra and Dennis Scholl Distinguished Speaker Series presented by Whittier Trust Investment & Wealth Management
Rediscover the life and art of Anne Brigman, whose work in the Sierra in the early 1900s was ground-breaking for its time. In this half-day symposium, you’ll hear from scholars about Brigman’s photography, poetry, and legacy—that is more relevant today than ever.
- Susan Ehrens, art historian and independent curator
- Alexander Nemerov, Department Chair and Carl & Marilynn Thoma Provostial Professor in the Arts and Humanities at Stanford University
- Kathleen Pyne, Professor Emerita of Art History at University of Notre Dame
- Heather Waldroup, Associate Director of the Honors College and Professor of Art History at Appalachian State University
- Ann M. Wolfe, Andrea and John C. Deane Family Senior Curator and Deputy Director, Nevada Museum of Art
Enjoy the event and beautiful views of the Sierra from the Nightingale Skyroom.
Ticket price includes buffet lunch to follow. Books available for purchase.