Acrylic Painting Techniques: Back to Basics
Tuesdays, February 16 – March 15 / 6 – 9 pm
Students will enjoy this introductory level course designed to teach basic acrylic painting techniques including blending, impasto, and dry brush. Students will paint from still life installations, paint portraits, and create abstract compositions combining various techniques. Each class will approach acrylic paint differently to provide an introduction as to how the medium can be utilized for different styles and subject matter.
Instructor: Ashley Follmer
Ages: Adults (15+) / Beginners Welcome!
- Artist Grade Acrylic Paint (Golden, Liquitex, or Grumbacher) *Not Liquitex Basics: Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Light, Phthalo Blue, Raw Umber, Alizerin Crimson, Titanium White, Mars Black in 2, 3, or 5 oz tubes
- Jar for Water
- Palette Sheets
- Synthetic Brushes: Flat, Bright and Round Sizes 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12
- Palette Knives (Variety of Sizes)
- The Masters Brush Cleaner and Preserver 2.5 oz
- (5) 9 x 12” or 11 x 14” Canvases
- Roll of paper towels (blue shop towels are great) or rags