Back to Basics: Exploring Drawing Mediums
Mondays, March 7 – April 11 / 6 – 9 pm
Beginning and returning students will enjoy a six week series exploring the various qualities of different drawing mediums. In this course students will expand on their drawing skills by learning how to use colored pencil, pen & ink, and oil pastel in new and exciting ways. Students will be introduced to drawing techniques that are specific to each medium and will have the opportunity to apply them through still life, drawing from a photo and portraiture.
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils (Student’s choice of 12-36 count)
- Acetone (can purchase at Home Depot or other hardware store)
- Jar for Acetone
- Fountain Pen w/Nibs (calligraphy pen)
- Fountain Pen Black India Ink
- Ball Point Pen (Black)
- Fine Tip Pen
- Set of Oil Pastels
- Bristol Vellum Paper (Pad) 9 x 12”
- Canson Mi-Teintes Pastel Assorted Pad 12 in. x 16 in.
Instructor: Ashley Follmer
Ages: Adult (15+) / All levels