Butterflies in Ink and Watercolor
10 am - 3 pm
Learn to combine the texturing of ink and the vibrancy of watercolor to create illustrations while focusing on butterflies. Explore the tradition of scientific illustration while referencing specimens and photographs in this watercolor workshop. No experience necessary.
Wednesday, March 13
10 am – 3 pm
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / All Levels
- Tablet of 140# Watercolor paper (Casson, Arches, or Strathmore). NOTE: Paper can be purchased from instructor during class for $2 per sheet.
- Small round 10 well pallet with plastic lid
- Sketch tablet or paper
- Basic watercolor set (Reeves or Richardson set of 12 is fine, or your own set)
- 2 drawing or mechanical pencils, and a rubber eraser
- Fine point (005) black ink pen, MUST be waterproof
- Two plastic water containers
- Roll of paper towels