Introduction to Acrylic Painting Techniques
Tuesdays, February 20 – March 20 / 1 – 4 pm
Students will enjoy this five-week introductory level course designed to teach basic acrylic painting techniques including blending, dry brush and impasto. Student will paint from geometric forms, still life installations and complete a unique landscape painting combining various painting techniques. Each class will approach acrylic paint differently to provide an introduction as to how the medium can be utilized for different styles and subject matter.
Instructor: Rachel Stiff
Ages: Adults (15+) / Beginners Welcome!
• Artist Grade Acrylic Paint (Golden, Liquitex, or Grumbacher) *Not Liquitex Basics: Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Light, Phthalo Blue, Raw Umber, Alizerin Crimson, Titanium White, Mars Black in 2, 3, or 5 oz tubes
• Jar for Water
• Palette Sheets
• Synthetic Brushes: Flat, Bright and Round Sizes 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12
• Palette Knives (Variety of Sizes)
• The Masters Brush Cleaner and Preserver 2.5 oz
• 5 9 x 12” or 11 x 14” Canvases