Introduction to Figure Drawing
6 – 9 pm
Students will be taught traditional drawing techniques while focusing on the structure and form of the body. Classroom instruction and drawing exercises without a live model will happen in the first couple weeks of class and will culminate in classroom instruction and drawing from a live nude model. Individual instruction and critique are fundamental to this course. Beginning students will learn the fundamentals while returning students will be able to improve on and refine their skill.
Mondays, June 29 – August 3
6 – 9 pm
Instructor: Alejandro Marin
Ages: Adult 18+ (15+ with instructor approval) / All Levels
• Charcoal Pencils or Sticks 2B-6B Soft & Medium, 1 White Charcoal Pencil
• Graphite Pencils HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B
• Pencil Sharpener or knife
• Kneaded Eraser, Pink Eraser
• Paper Blending Dowels (Various Sizes)
• Newsprint Pad
• Heavyweight White Drawing Paper
Covid 19 Museum School Policies:
– All students will be requested to wear a mask for the duration of their visit inside the Museum school. Mask will be provided upon request.
– Please exercise social distancing when in close proximity to other students and staff. Class sizes and seating arrangements have been changed to allow for 6 feet of social distance.
– Please note, snacks and drinks will no longer be distributed during class. Students are encouraged to bring their own personal water bottle and snack if needed to class.
– Please do not attend class if you or anyone in your household (including anyone who you have experience close contact with over the last 14 days) are feeling ill. To request a refund or options to reschedule please email Jen.Henry@nevadaart.org