Life Drawing: Open Studio
1 - 4 pm
Improve your life drawing skills and explore a variety of media while working freely from a nude model in this popular open studio class. The instructor will be present to coordinate class and offer instruction upon request. Both male and female models will be posed and drawn.
Thursdays, February 2 – 23
1 – 4 pm
Instructor: Rachel Moseley
Ages: Adult (18+) | All Levels
Supply list: Show a confirmation receipt at Nevada Fine Arts for a 10% discount.
The following are suggested basic supplies – all media are welcome, so please bring whatever supplies you need for whichever media you are using. Show a confirmation receipt at Nevada Fine Arts for a 10% discount.
- Drawing board – 20”x 26” or larger (light-weight masonite works best)
- Newsprint pad – 18”x 24” – rough surface recommended
- Bull dog clamps or similar to attach pad to board
- Medium and Support Items:
- Vine charcoal, thin and fat pieces
- Choice of conte crayon, 6B graphite pencil or sticks, china marker, compressed charcoal, carbon pencils, or any suitable medium for drawing on newsprint
- Large kneaded eraser
- Pink pearl eraser
- Portable pencil sharpener or utility knife (best for soft/medium pencils)
- Clean small rags
- Sandpaper pad for sharpening drawing mediums
- Stumps for blending (optional)