Natural Illustration: Flowers in Watercolor
10 am - 3 pm
In this intermediate to advanced level class, students will learn the basics of natural illustration drawing with a focus on flowers and watercolor. Students will learn about flower anatomy and compositions, creating a final work illustrating the flower and two chosen details on the flower. Flower specimens will be provided to draw from life, along with photo reference materials. *Basic understanding of watercolor is advised.
Sunday, May 19 / 10 am – 3 pm
Instructor: Sophie Banspach
Ages: Adults (15+) / Intermediate/Advanced levels
• Watercolors: Cadmium Red, Cobalt or Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow Light, Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Crimson, Sap Green, Chromium Oxide Green, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, Pro White. (Cotman or Van Gogh is fine; Windsor Newton is excellent)
• Your personal watercolor pallet
• 2 HB Pencils
• Watercolor Brushes: #0 or 1 with good point, #3, #7, #10 Round
• 9 x 12” 140lb cold press watercolor paper
• Roll of paper towels
• 2 Plastic water containers.
• Magnifying glass
• Optional: Specimens or reference images from your own collection