Oil Painting Techniques: Back to Basics
Tuesdays, April 5 – May 3 / 6 – 9 pm
Student new to oil or looking for a quick refresher will enjoy this introductory level course designed to teach basic oil painting techniques. Students will learn the properties of oil paint, application techniques, and color theory while recreating simple still life installations. Each class will focus on different painting techniques which will include a review of brushes and their function, blending techniques, color use and the grayscale and an introduction to textures.
Instructor: Ashley Follmer
Ages: Adult (15+) / Beginners welcome!
- Oil Paint: Ivory or Mars Black, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow (Pale or Lemon), Cadmium Red, Pthalo Blue, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Alizerin Crimson (Windsor & Newton or Gumbacher Small Tubes 1.25 oz)
- Synthetic Brushes: Flat and Bright Sizes 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12
- Palette Sheets
- Jar for Turpenoid
- Rag, Old T-Shirt, or Mechanic’s Towels
- The Masters Brush Cleaner and Preserver 2.5 oz
- (5) 8 x 10” or 9 x 12” Canvases
- (2) 8 x 10” Canvas Boards