Oil Painting Techniques: Back to Basics
Wednesdays, January 17 – February 21 / 2 – 5 pm
Student new to oil or looking for a quick refresher will enjoy this introductory level course designed to teach basic oil painting techniques. Students will learn the properties of oil paint, application techniques, and color theory while recreating simple still life installations. Each class will focus on different painting techniques which will include a review of brushes and their function, blending techniques, color use and the grayscale and an introduction to textures.
Instructor: Ashley Follmer
Ages: Adult (15+) / Beginners Welcome!
Oil Paint: Ivory or Mars Black, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Pthalo Blue, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Alizerin Crimson (Windsor & Newton or Gumbacher Small Tubes 1.25 oz)
• Synthetic Brushes: Round: Size 0 and Bright: Sizes 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12 (six brushes total)
• Palette Sheets
• Jar for Turpenoid
• Rag, Old T-Shirt, or Blue Mechanic’s Shop Towels
• The Masters Brush Cleaner and Preserver 2.5 oz
• (6) 8 x 10” or 9 x 12” Stretched Canvases
• (2) 8 x 10” Canvas Boards