Sewing: Lavender Llama Hot/Cold Compress Plushy
10 am - 2 pm
Create your very own hot/cold compress that can be microwaved for warm comfort in the winter or freeze for instant relaxation in the summer. Under the direction of the instructor, students will learn how to sew the Llama pattern and then stuff the plushy compress with lavender, rice, flax seeds, corn, buckwheat or beans.
Monday, September 12
10 am – 2 pm
Instructor: Bree Kasper
Ages: Adult (15+) | Some machine sewing experience needed.
- 1/3 yard of fabric (“softies” flannel, cotton, minky for the body of the lama, – if using minky make sure bring a walking foot to class),
- 10” tan or gray wool (ears and legs)
- small scrap of white wool (nose/mouth)
- small scrap of black wool (eyes)
- scraps of 100% cotton batting (ears and legs)
- 2-2.5 cups of filler (rice, corn, beans, flax seeds, buckwheat etc.)