Turkish Pears in August, Lessons in Ink Wash inspired by Poetry
9 am – 2 pm
Turkish Pears in August: Summer Drawings in Ink Wash Inspired by Poetry. Finding parallels between the black ink of the printed word, and the rich images contained inside, in this workshop we will experiment with drawing in ink wash, finding inspiration through reading poetry, and reflecting on the particular qualities of the late summer. We’ll then find poetic language from our drawings, continuing the creative cycle. No prior experience necessary, and all skill-levels welcome.
Saturday and Sunday, August 10 and 11
9 am – 2 pm
Instructor: Austin Pratt
Ages: Adult (15+) / All Levels
– 2oz+ India Ink (any Higgins or Speedball brands etc)
– A set of various assortment small paint brushes
– A Sumi-Ink brush
-Some water-color paper to use (a range is best):
– Water-color paper pads (10″ x 14″ or 9″ x 12″) (recommended 2 pads of 12 pages each)
– Newsprint pad – 9″ x 12″ or larger
– Pencil set
– Feel free to bring any old or crusty paint brushes as well! Great for experimental approaches. Even large house painting brushes!
– Sack Lunch