10 am - 2 pm
Foundations is a beginners level class that will provide instruction for students who are new to watercolor, or have worked on their own and are looking for step by step instruction. While working on studies together the instructor will provide introduction in various techniques such as color mixing, wet on wet, dry brushing and much more!
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SUPPLY LIST AS THESE ARE IMPORTANT MATERIALS FOR STUDENT SUCCESS.
Saturday, June 11 and 18
10 am – 2 pm
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Age: (15+) | Beginner
Supply List: Show a confirmation email at Nevada Fine Arts for a 10% discount.
These are Student Grade supplies and will provide a good learning experience. You are welcome to bring Artist Grade supplies (Arches paper, Windsor Newton paint etc) or more colors or brushes if you chose…but please do not get ‘Craft Grade’ supplies such as the yellow pad of Strathmore paper or tinned paint as it will disappoint.
- Strathmore Watercolor Pad, 400 Series. It has a brown cover (do NOT get the pad with the yellow cover!)
- TUBES (not cake or tinned) watercolors in these colors:
- Lemon yellow
- Sap or hookers green
- Cobalt blue
- Alizarin red, or Scarlet Lake red
- Yellow Ochre
- Small tubes (8ml) in either Cotman or Acadamy brand.
- Size #8 or #6 pointed watercolor brush.
- ‘Zen’ makes a good beginners brush that can also be bought as a set.
- ‘Silver Black Velvet’ is an excellent brush for the money.
- . A large plastic pallet that has at least 8 small wells, and at least two larger ones for mixing paint. Masters International Folding Pallet and Richeson Rectangular Pallet from Dick Blicks are good and will offer examples if buying locally.
- Mechanical pencil
- Grey kneaded eraser
- Roll of paper towers
- 2 water containers