Watercolor: Open Studio
Thursdays, May 10 – 31 / 9 am – 12 pm
This intermediate level open studio class is designed for returning students and experienced students. Students should have a personal work in progress to work towards completing in this fun and social series. Each class will begin with a short lesson addressing a challenge or technique followed by open studio time to continue work on personal projects. Instructor will be on hand to assist with challenges, offer critique, instruction, and encouragement.
Supply list: Please bring any supplies you own for your specific project. A recommended basic supply list is as follows:
• Watercolors: Cobalt Blue, Phthalo Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Magenta, Sap Green, New Gamboge, Yellow Ochre. (Cotman or Van Gogh is fine; Windsor Newton is excellent)
• Your personal watercolor pallet
• 2 HB Pencils
• Watercolor Brushes: #6 & #10 Round (Silver/Black brand is recommended and available at Nevada Fine Arts)
• Pad of Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper
• Roll of paper towels
• 2 Plastic water containers.
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / Intermediate and Advanced Watercolor Students