Watercolor Techniques: Batik Method on Rice Paper
10 am - 3 pm
Take your watercolors to the next level with this fun method of using the batik method of applying hot wax to save and build layers of color. Together, we will create a painting on rice paper, which adds an extra element of interest and texture. Instructor will guide students through the batik process, while assisting each student with color mixing, composition and values to create a focal point in their work. A fairly simple drawing will be provided by the instructor for students to use, but students are also free to bring a reference image to draw out on their own. A working knowledge of watercolor painting is preferred; this class is not for absolute beginners to the medium.
Sunday, June 14
10 am – 3 pm
Instructor: Ronnie Rector
Ages: Adult (15+) / Working knowledge of watercolor painting is recommended
• Black Micron Pen or other waterproof fine-line pen
• Watercolor brushes, flats or rounds or both, your choice. Bring your preference for working in large to small areas of a painting.
• Watercolor paints of your choice
• Watercolor palette of your choice. I recommend having a few good-sized mixing areas, but bring whatever you’re comfortable working with
• Water Container
• Roll of Paper Towel
• Masking Tape
• Lots of newspapers – will need at least 3 dozen sheets per artist, so if you have a pile, please bring them
• Sack lunch