En Plein Air: Outdoor Painting Sessions at the Wilbur D. May Arboretum
9 am - 2 pm
Explore light and color “en plein air” in a series of site-specific outdoor painting sessions. Facilitated by faculty from the E.L. Cord Museum School this painting series is an opportunity for beginners to intermediate watercolor artists to paint from life, capturing the beauty of our local landscapes.
Saturday, October 16
9 am – 2 pm
Instructor: Iva Neveux
Ages: 15+ | *Some experience
Supply list: Show your confirmation email at Nevada Fine Arts for a 10% discount.
- Board for attaching your paper: foam core, pressboard or plastic
- Tape, bulldog clips or binder clips to secure your paper to the board
- Easel if you own one (set up for sitting or standing)
- Chair (folding, camping) or blanket for sitting, anything that will make you comfortable
- Watercolors and mixing palette
- Watercolor paper (several sheets, 100% cotton, 140 lb)
- 2 containers for water, water for painting
- Set of brushes (sizes appropriate for the size if your paper)
- Paper towels
- HB Pencil, soft eraser (kneaded or General’s), pencil sharpener
- Paper for sketching or a sketchbook
- Snacks, water/drinks, sun protection
Location information and directions:
Wilbur D. May Arboretum. Additional information to follow.