Landscapes in Watercolor
Tuesdays, November 7 – 28 / 10 am – 2 pm
Learn the skills used in creating beautiful watercolor landscapes in this three-week series. Students will use photo reference and will explore the various qualities of watercolor. While this class is open to students of all levels, some watercolor experience is recommended.
- Watercolor Kit to include the following colors: Cobalt Blue, Phthalo Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Magenta, Sap Green, New Gamboge, Yellow Ochre. (Cotman or Van Gogh is fine; Windsor Newton is excellent)
- Plastic studio pallet with at least 10 paint wells.
- 2 HB Pencils
- Watercolor Brushes: #6 & #10 Round (Silver/Black brand is recommended and available at Nevada Fine Arts) and 1/2″ or 1″ flat brush
- Pad of Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper. (Single pieces can be purchased from the instructor during class for $2 each)
- Roll of paper towels
- 2 Plastic water containers.
- Please mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All supplies are available at Nevada Fine Arts
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / Some experience working with watercolors recommended