Oil Painting Techniques: Back to Basics
Sundays, July 19 – August 23 / 1 – 4 pm
Student new to oil or looking for a quick refresher will enjoy this introductory level course designed to teach basic oil painting techniques. Students will learn the properties of oil paint, application techniques, and color theory while recreating simple still life installations. Each class will focus on different painting techniques which will include a review of brushes and their function, blending techniques, color use and the grayscale and an introduction to textures.
- Oil Paint: Ivory or Mars Black, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Pthalo Blue, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Alizerin Crimson (Windsor & Newton or Gumbacher Small Tubes 1.25 oz)
- Synthetic Brushes: Flat and Bright Sizes 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12
- Palette Sheets
- Jar for Turpenoid
- Rag, Old T-Shirt, or Blue Mechanic’s Shop Towels
- The Masters Brush Cleaner and Preserver 2.5 oz
- (5) 8 x 10” or 9 x 12” Canvases
- (2) 8 x 10” Canvas Boards
Instructor: Ashley Follmer
Ages: 15 and up / Beginners Welcome!