Portrait Drawing: Open Studio
Tuesdays, July 10 – 31 / 1 – 4 pm
Improve your portrait drawing skills and explore a variety of media in this fun and encouraging open studio class. The instructor will be present to coordinate class and offer individualized instruction upon request. Weekly brief demonstrations will encourage individuals to work through drawing challenges and explore media of choice in this open studio format class. Both male and female clothed models will be posed and drawn in this four-session class.
Instructor: Jerry Stinson
Ages: Adults (15+) / All Levels
Suggested Supplies: The following are suggested basic supplies – all media are welcome, so please bring whatever supplies you need for whichever media you are using.
– Drawing board – 20”x 26” or larger (light-weight masonite works best)
– Newsprint pad – 18”x 24” – rough surface recommended
– Bull dog clamps or similar to attach pad to board
– Medium and Support Items: Vine charcoal, thin and fat pieces, choice of conte crayon, 6B graphite pencil or sticks, china marker, compressed charcoal, carbon pencils, or any suitable medium for drawing on newsprint
– Large kneaded eraser
– Pink pearl eraser
– Portable pencil sharpener or utility knife (best for soft/medium pencils)
– Clean small rags
– Sandpaper pad for sharpening drawing mediums