Watercolor for Beginners
Thursdays, January 14 – February 11 / 1 – 4 pm
Learn the skills used in creating beautiful paintings using translucent watercolors.Beginners will learn the basics of pallet set up, color mixing and a range of watercolor techniques including washes, dry brush work and “special effects.”
- Watercolors: Cobalt Blue, Phthalo Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Magenta, Sap Green, New Gamboge, Yellow Ochre. (Cotman or Van Gogh is fine; Windsor Newton is excellent)
- Plastic studio pallet with at least 10 paint wells
- 2 HB Pencils
- Watercolor Brushes: #6 & #10 Round (Silver/Black brand is recommended and available at Nevada Fine Arts)
- Pad of Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper. (Single pieces can be purchased from the instructor during class for $2 each). We will use approximately four sheets.
- Roll of paper towels
- 2 Plastic water containers.
- Additional watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, etc) are welcome but not necessary.
Please mail questions to email@example.com
All supplies area available at Nevada Fine Arts
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / All Levels