Watercolor: Open Studio
Fridays, January 22 – February 12 / 9 am – noon
Beginning and experienced students will enjoy this four-week open studio format watercolor series. Students are invited to bring works in progress or begin new projects in this fun and social series. Each class will begin with a short lesson addressing a challenge or technique followed by open studio time to continue work on personal projects. Instructor will be on hand to assist with challenges, offer critique, instruction and encouragement.
Supply List: Please bring any supplies you own for your specific project. A recommended basic supply list is as follows:
- Watercolors: Cobalt Blue, Phthalo Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Magenta, Sap Green, New Gamboge, Yellow Ochre. (Cotman or Van Gogh is fine; Windsor Newton is excellent)
- Your personal watercolor pallet
- 2 HB Pencils
- Watercolor Brushes: #6 & #10 Round (Silver/Black brand is recommended and available at Nevada Fine Arts)
- Pad of Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper
- Roll of paper towels
- 2 Plastic water containers.
Instructor: Carroll Charlet
Ages: Adult (15+) / All Levels